Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Ootz

I am one of those girls who finds romance in keeping a diary. A diary that is so full of rich words, stimulating experiences, and soul-altering wisdom that publishers would eat it up a lifetime later and make me the next Anne Frank. However, there is something about me that absolutely refuses to remain faithful to a damned pink, leather-bound journal. It is a perfectly harmless little thing, but it makes me feel like a failure when I open it two months later to find that I was back together with my boyfriend and 5lbs lighter. Anyways, this blog is my second attempt at greatness.

My life up to this point has been a roller coaster ride of twists, turns, drops, inclines, and the occasional bout of acute nausea. However, unlike a roller coaster, I have not experienced that required sense of excitement. That ootz in the stomach right before the car shoots ahead or drops until you have to swallow back your intestines as they attempt to fly out of your screaming trap. This blog is meant document my quest for the ootz.

2 comments:

  1. What is your name?
    "Erin"
    What is your quest?
    "I seek the ootz!"
    What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck in your quest - I hope it is successful.

    ReplyDelete